How Does it Work?
The Pi Creative Lab (PiC Lab) was created to support artists who use our images at PeriodImages.com. Apart from our in-house designers, PiC Lab features artwork from 5 independent artists every 15 days. At the end of 15 days, all unsold artwork will be reverted back to the original artists and a new crop of artwork from new artists will be featured for sale in place (and so on and so forth, to keep the selection fresh, and to give everyone a fair turn.) NOTE: we ask that the artwork be sold exclusively at the Pi Book Cover Market during the 15 day period to prevent duplicate sales.
Is there a cost to become a Pi Book Cover Market Contributor?
Joining is free! The only cost to a contributor is the $15 fee for every book cover sold to help alleviate the cost of service and transaction fees. The amount is deducted from the sale before the proceeds are paid out to your Paypal account. If you don't sell anything, you don't pay anything.
I'm ready to become a contributor! How do I join?
There are certain qualifications that must be met to become a contributor, to keep our marketplace ethical and safe:
Guidelines for Pi Book Cover Market Contributors:
- You must have a minimum of 40 published book covers (ebook or print) with verifiable distributor links.
- You must have your own website and a Paypal account
- Artwork contributions must feature model images only from PeriodImages.com
- Artwork must be sized and labeled correctly and of excellent quality. (1800 x 2700, 300 dpi, file name must contain artist name, artwork must be clean, and well executed.)
- Artwork background must come from reputable microstock agencies or commercial stock agencies.
- All contributed artwork will be inspected by our editors before approval.
- You must have a Period Images account
- Before applying as a contributor, you guarantee that:
- You are the sole creator of all contributed artwork
- All imagery used in the finished artwork came from reputable sources and are legally licensed.
- Your contributed artwork has never been sold before
- You will remove contributed artwork from your website or any sales channel during the 15 day period to prevent duplicate sales.
- You will never re-sell any contributed artwork that has been marked sold at the Pi book Cover Market
- PiC Lab will accept a minimum of 5 artworks and a maximum of 10 artworks per contributor.
- Contributed artwork will be up for sale at the Book Cover Market for 15 days. At the end of the 15 day period, all unsold artwork will be removed and reverted back to the original contributor.
- You will get paid within 24 to 36 hours if you sell any of your contributed artwork
- You retain all copyright to your artwork after the sale
- PiC Lab delivers all sold artwork to the buyer via the same automated delivery system utilized by PeriodImages.com
- If client asks for a referral on title text and branding, PiC Lab will refer the client to the original artwork contributor unless the original contributor waive his/her interest in doing title texts and branding.
- Any extra services outside of those offered by PiC Lab such as title texts and branding, will be to your discretion.
- Period Images, VJ Dunraven Productions, and PiC Lab do not guarantee that you will sell your contributed artwork during the 15 days. However, as an approved contributor, you are welcome to contribute a fresh crop of artwork in place of your old featured artwork after the 15 day period.
- PeriodImages.com, VJ Dunraven Productions, and PiC Lab only act as selling agencies for your artwork and are in no way responsible for its production, nor can be made liable for any conflict or legal action arising from your artwork.