How Does it Work?
The Pi Creative Lab (PiC Lab) was created to support artists who use our images at PeriodImages.com.
NOTE: we ask that contributed artwork be sold exclusively at the Pi Book Cover Market to prevent duplicate sales. You may request removal of your artwork from the Pi Cover Market at any time.
Is there a cost to become a Pi Book Cover Market Contributor?
Joining is free! The only cost to a contributor is the $15 fee for every book cover sold to help alleviate the cost of service and transaction fees.
The amount is deducted from the sale before the proceeds are paid out to your Paypal account. If you don't sell anything, you don't pay anything.
I'm ready to become a contributor! How do I join?
There are certain qualifications that must be met to become a contributor, to keep our marketplace ethical and safe:
Guidelines for Pi Book Cover Market Contributors:
- You must have a minimum of 40 published book covers (ebook or print) with verifiable distributor or author links.
- You must have your own website and a Paypal account
- Artwork contributions must feature model images only from PeriodImages.com
- Artwork must be sized and labeled correctly and of excellent quality. (1800 x 2700, 300 dpi, file name must contain artist name, artwork must be clean, and well executed.)
- Artwork background must come from reputable microstock agencies or commercial stock agencies.
- All contributed artwork will be inspected by our editors before approval.
- You must have a Period Images account
Before applying as a contributor, you guarantee that:
- You are the sole creator of all contributed artwork
- All imagery used in the finished artwork came from reputable sources and are legally licensed.
- Your contributed artwork has never been sold before
- You will remove contributed artwork from your website or any sales channel to prevent duplicate sales.
- You will never re-sell any contributed artwork that has been marked sold at the Pi book Cover Market
Before applying as a contributor, you agree and understand that:
- PiC Lab will accept a maximum of 15 artworks per contributor.
- Artwork must be fairly priced. Contributor will dictate the retail pricing.
- Contributed artwork can be removed and reverted back to the contributor at the contributor's request at any time.
- You will get paid within 24 to 36 hours if you sell any of your contributed artwork. The following deductions are applied to the final fee: $15 service and transaction fee + any current coupons or promos that the client used to purchase the cover/s. Special promos with higher than a $10 discount coupon code are subject to your approval to participate in the promo.
- You retain all copyright to your artwork after the sale
- PiC Lab delivers all sold artwork to the buyer via the same automated delivery system utilized by PeriodImages.com. The artwork is licensed for: ebook, print book front cover, and as promotional materials. Client will receive two sizes: 1600 x 2400 (ebook) and 1800 x 2700 (print book front cover.)
- If client asks for a referral on title text and branding, or changes to the artwork, PiC Lab will refer the client to the original artwork contributor.
- Any extra services outside of those offered by PiC Lab such as title texts and branding, or additional changes to the artwork, will be to your discretion.
- Period Images, VJ Dunraven Productions, and PiC Lab do not guarantee that you will sell your contributed artwork.
- PeriodImages.com, VJ Dunraven Productions, and PiC Lab only act as selling agencies for your artwork and are in no way responsible for its production, nor can be made liable for any conflict or legal action arising from your artwork.
- NOTE: Once your work is published, the Copyright tags on the website will reflect: "Copyright by: Maria Chronis, VJ Dunraven Productions, PeriodImages.com, Pi Creative Lab and Contributors." This is a collective copyright declaration that covers the owner/s of the stock imagery rights used in the artwork, the medium it is published in (Period Images website,) and the artists who created the artwork (Contributors.) Contributing artists will always retain the copyright to their derivative works.
- NOTE: The "Author" tags upon publication of your work on the Period Images website will reflect: "Author: Pi Creative Lab and Contributors, VJ Dunraven Productions." This is a collective authorship declaration that covers the composers and producers of the stock imagery used in the artwork, the designers of the medium it is published in (Period Images website,) and the artists who created the artwork (Contributors.) Contributing artists will always retain the authorship to their derivative works.